Jacob Crabb - Chairman
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Location: Titus County Fair Livestock Pavilion
2016 Sponsors: Air Gas Supply, A & E Welding Supply, Best Fender Products, Boring-Smith Industrial, Bradford's, Cinema VI, Diamond C Trailer, JMS Metal, Lincoln Welders, Matheson Welding, Pleasant Bowling
Titus County Agriculture Mechanic Contest Rules
1. Eligible participants for Market Division include 4-H or FFA members who attend school in and reside in Titus County. Eligible participants for Open Division include 4-H or FFA members who attend school in Titus, Morris, Camp, Franklin or Red River Counties.
2. Students may enter as individuals, partners (two or more students), or as part of a chapter entry. However, students can not be part of both an individual AND partner or chapter entry. Chapter entries will not specify names of students who constructed the project and will not be eligible for the sale. Only individual and partner entries will be eligible for the sale. Chapter entries will count toward Chapter Sweepstakes Awards.
3. There will be no limit on chapter or club projects in the open division. Individuals and/or partnerships will be limited to one entry in the market show. An entry fee of $25.00 will be charged for each project in the show and is due by Friday, September 15, 2017.
4. Projects must be in place by 3:00 p.m. Thursday, September 28, 2017. Projects will be judged at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, September 28, 2017. Sale of Ag Mechanics top two (2) market projects in each of the five (5) classes will be in conjunction with the livestock auction. The next 10 will be sold by silent auction between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, September 30, 2017. Exhibitors must be present during silent auction.
5. Open Division projects and Market Division projects that require opening other gates to release, that make the sale or not, must stay until 10:00 p.m. Saturday, September 30, 2017. All remaining Ag Mechanics projects may be removed from the fairgrounds after 10:00 p.m. Saturday, September 30, 2017 or on Sunday anytime.
6. Exhibitors must be present during judging and available to answer questions from the judge about the construction and/or function of the project. Exhibitors not present at the time of judging will be disqualified.
7. Judging of projects will be based on:
a. Workmanship (30 pts)
b. Design & Materials Used (20 pts)
c. Practicality (20 pts)
d. Degree of Difficulty (10 pts)
e. General Appearance & Finish (10 pts)
f. Presentation & Knowledge of the Project (10 pts)
Total = 100 points
8. Ribbons will be given for each project based on the following score:
a. Blue = 90 - 100 points
b. Red = 80 - 89 points
c. White = Below 80 points
9. The Ag Mechanics Show will consist of two divisions:
a. Market Division - There will be 5 classes in the market division. The top two entries in
each class will be sold. (Total of ten projects will be sold in auction, next 10 wil be eligible for
I. Outdoor Furniture (picnic tables, lawn chairs, patio planters, etc.)
II. Indoor Furniture/Crafts (lamps, desks, tables, etc.)
III. Farm Equipment (fencing equipment, tractor equipment, etc.)
IV. Trailers (bumper pull, gooseneck, and anything with axle)
V. Recreational Equipment (smokers, deer stands, deer feeders, etc.)
b. Open Division - There will be 3 classes. Entries in this division will not be sold.
10. There will be a Champion and Reserve Champion Project for each of the market and open divisions. Projects in different divisions will not compete against each other.
11. There will be an Organizational Sweepstakes Award given to the organization with the highest total points per organization. Individuals, partnerships, and chapter/club entries will count towards the sweepstakes award, An organization is considered to be either an FFA chapter or a 4-H Club. Point per entry will be totaled for each organization. The organization with the highest total points will be awarded a plaque. Points will be as follows:
a. 1st place in class = 5 pts.
b. 2nd place in class = 3 pts.
c. 3rd place in class = 1 pt.
d. Grand Champion within a division = 5 pts.
e. Reserve Champion within a division = 3 pts.
12. All general Titus County Rules must be followed as outlined in the fair catalog.
13. Prefabricated or Kit Projects will not be permitted.
14. Titus County Fair will not be responsible for projects in case of loss or damage.
15. Exhibitors must be present during the sale to take projects into the sale arena.
16. Any deviation from these rules will require action from the Livestock Show Executive Board.
17. Students are required to get with buyers to arrange for delivery of projects.
Additional Information: Jacob Crabb 903-466-1349
|Victor Alvarado||Land Plane||1||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Ryleigh Stegall||ATV Disk||2||CH FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Blake Porter||Hay Spike||3||MP FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Nathan Hill||16' Entrance Gate||4||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Jacob Eudy||Goat Feeder||5||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Harley Stegall||Chicken Nesting Boxes||6||CH FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Riley Russell||Tractor Safety Lift||7||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Keeley Henry &
|Bed||1||Ch FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Madison Wells||Wood Coat Rack||2||Rivercrest FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Dining Table||3||CF FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Noah O'Dell||Table||4||CH FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Mark Gable||Wooden Cross||5||Rivercrest FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Christian Ingram||Porch Swing||1||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture||Grand
|Outdoor Cooler||2||CH FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Caleb Walton||Bench||3||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoot Furniture|
|Zoe Carlisle||Pallet Feed Box or
|4||CH FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Drew Hughes||Swing||5||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Shelby Young||Picnic Tables
|6||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Max Daniel||Picnic Table||7||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Triston Blackwell||Picnic Table||8||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Bench||9||CH DDA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Cooler||10||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|11||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Reed Stickels||Yard Art||12||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Rylee French||Shadow Box||13||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Hog Trap||1||CH FFA||Recreational
|Pig Trap||2||MP FFA||Recreational
|Kamron Kelley||Hexagon Barbeque Pit||3||Rivercrest FFA||Recreational
|Fire Pit||4||CH FFA||Recreational
|Jared Anderson||Receiver Hitch
|Jesus Hernandez||Deer Feeder||6||CH FFA||Recreational
|Deer Feeder||7||MP FFA||Recreational
|Single Hay Wagon||8||CH FFA||Trailer||Reserve
|Nick Morton||6 x 10 Trailer||9||CH FFA||Trailer|
Agri-Mechanics Open Division Winners
|Samanthan McCracken||Cattle Guard||1||CH FFA||Non-Trailer||Reserve
|Bed Frame||2||CH FFA||Non-Trailer||Female Showmanship
|Jesse Thompson||1964 Farmall 140
|3||CH FFA||Tractor||Grand Champion|
|Bruce Pena||5 Bail Hay Trailer||4||MP FFA||Trailer|
|Collen Bradford||Hay Mover Caddy||5||CH FFA||Trailer|