Steve Thomas, Chairman
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Location: Titus County Fair Livestock Pavilion
2017 Sponsors: Best Fender Products, Bradford's, Cinema VI, Diamond C Trailer, Diamond T Outfitters, Tractor Supply, Herschel’s and the Brightway Group
Titus County Agriculture Mechanic Contest Rules
1. Eligible participants for Market Division include 4-H or FFA members who attend school in and reside in Titus County. Eligible participants for Open Division include 4-H or FFA members who attend school in Titus, Morris, Camp, Franklin or Red River Counties.
2. Students may enter as individuals, partners (two or more students), or as part of a chapter entry. However, students can not be part of both an individual AND partner or chapter entry. Chapter entries will not specify names of students who constructed the project and will not be eligible for the sale. Only individual and partner entries will be eligible for the sale. Chapter entries will count toward Chapter Sweepstakes Awards.
3. There will be no limit on chapter or club projects in the open division. Individuals and/or partnerships will be limited to one entry in the market show. An entry fee of $25.00 will be charged for each project in the show and is due by Friday, September 14, 2018.
4. Projects that require gate to be open on Crooks Drive must be in place by 11:00 a.m. Gate will be open at 8:00 a.m.; all other projects must be in place by 3:00 p.m. Thursday, September 27, 2018. Projects will be judged at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, September 27, 2018. Sale of Ag Mechanics top two (2) market projects in each of the five (5) classes will be in conjunction with the livestock auction. The next 10 will be sold by silent auction between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, 2018. Exhibitors must be present during silent auction.
5. Open Division projects and Market Division projects that require opening other gates to release, that do not make the sale may be removed Friday morning between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.; after that, whether they make the sale or not, the projects must stay until 12:00 p.m. Saturday, September 29, 2018. All other Ag Mechanics projects may be removed from the fairgrounds after completion of auction Saturday, September 29, 2018 or on Sunday anytime.
6. Exhibitors must be present during judging and available to answer questions from the judge about the construction and/or function of the project. Exhibitors not present at the time of judging will be disqualified.
7. Exhibitors that will be make the sale or silent auction must have pictures taken by Fair Photographer with project to be eligible to sale. Photographer will be on hand to take pictures as winners are announced.
8. Judging of projects will be based on:
a. Workmanship (30 pts)
b. Design & Materials Used (20 pts)
c. Practicality (20 pts)
d. Degree of Difficulty (10 pts)
e. General Appearance & Finish (10 pts)
f. Presentation & Knowledge of the Project (10 pts)
Total = 100 points
9. Ribbons will be given for each project based on the following score:
a. Blue = 90 - 100 points
b. Red = 80 - 89 points
c. White = Below 80 points
10. The Ag Mechanics Show will consist of two divisions:
a. Market Division - There will be 5 classes in the market division. The top two entries in
each class will be sold. (Total of ten projects will be sold in auction, next 10 will be eligible for
I. Outdoor Furniture (picnic tables, lawn chairs, patio planters, etc.)
II. Indoor Furniture/Crafts (lamps, desks, tables, etc.)
III. Farm Equipment (fencing equipment, tractor equipment, etc.)
IV. Trailers (bumper pull, gooseneck, and anything with axle)
V. Recreational Equipment (smokers, deer stands, deer feeders, etc.)
b. Open Division - There will be 3 classes. Entries in this division will not be sold.
11. There will be a Champion and Reserve Champion Project for each of the market and open divisions. Projects in different divisions will not compete against each other.
12. There will be an Organizational Sweepstakes Award given to the organization with the highest total points per organization. Individuals, partnerships, and chapter/club entries will count towards the sweepstakes award. An organization is considered to be either an FFA chapter or a 4-H Club. Points per entry will be totaled for each organization. The organization with the highest total points will be awarded a plaque. Points will be as follows:
a. 1st place in class = 5 pts.
b. 2nd place in class = 3 pts.
c. 3rd place in class = 1 pt.
d. Grand Champion within a division = 5 pts.
e. Reserve Champion within a division = 3 pts.
13. All general Titus County Rules must be followed as outlined in the fair catalog.
14. Prefabricated or Kit Projects will not be permitted.
15. Titus County Fair will not be responsible for projects in case of loss or damage.
16. Exhibitors must be present during the sale to take projects into the sale arena.
17. Any deviation from these rules will require action from the Livestock Show Executive Board.
18. Students are required to get with buyers to arrange for delivery of projects.
19. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 21st. Checks not picked up by December 21, 2018, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.
Additional Information: Steve Thomas (903) 563-3118
|Victor Alvarado||Land Plane||1||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Ryleigh Stegall||ATV Disk||2||CH FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Blake Porter||Hay Spike||3||MP FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Nathan Hill||16' Entrance Gate||4||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Jacob Eudy||Goat Feeder||5||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Harley Stegall||Chicken Nesting Boxes||6||CH FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Riley Russell||Tractor Safety Lift||7||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Keeley Henry &
|Bed||1||Ch FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Madison Wells||Wood Coat Rack||2||Rivercrest FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Dining Table||3||CF FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Noah O'Dell||Table||4||CH FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Mark Gable||Wooden Cross||5||Rivercrest FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Christian Ingram||Porch Swing||1||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture||Grand
|Outdoor Cooler||2||CH FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Caleb Walton||Bench||3||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoot Furniture|
|Zoe Carlisle||Pallet Feed Box or
|4||CH FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Drew Hughes||Swing||5||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Shelby Young||Picnic Tables
|6||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Max Daniel||Picnic Table||7||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Triston Blackwell||Picnic Table||8||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Bench||9||CH DDA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Cooler||10||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|11||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Reed Stickels||Yard Art||12||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Rylee French||Shadow Box||13||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Hog Trap||1||CH FFA||Recreational
|Pig Trap||2||MP FFA||Recreational
|Kamron Kelley||Hexagon Barbeque Pit||3||Rivercrest FFA||Recreational
|Fire Pit||4||CH FFA||Recreational
|Jared Anderson||Receiver Hitch
|Jesus Hernandez||Deer Feeder||6||CH FFA||Recreational
|Deer Feeder||7||MP FFA||Recreational
|Single Hay Wagon||8||CH FFA||Trailer||Reserve
|Nick Morton||6 x 10 Trailer||9||CH FFA||Trailer|
Agri-Mechanics Open Division Winners
|Samanthan McCracken||Cattle Guard||1||CH FFA||Non-Trailer||Reserve
|Bed Frame||2||CH FFA||Non-Trailer||Female Showmanship
|Jesse Thompson||1964 Farmall 140
|3||CH FFA||Tractor||Grand Champion|
|Bruce Pena||5 Bail Hay Trailer||4||MP FFA||Trailer|
|Collen Bradford||Hay Mover Caddy||5||CH FFA||Trailer|