Matthew Armstrong, The PIllars of Jefferson
Devon Hargrove, Old Brick Road
Salina Pack, Portrait
Gracie Parr, Goat and I
Leslie & Geary Jenkins, Chairmen
Location: Walnut Room
1. All Titus County residents, current students at NTCC (must show current NTCC ID), members of a Titus County photography club or residents of adjoining counties (Morris, Camp, Franklin or Red River) are eligible to enter items in the Photography division. Entries must be entered in name of maker only. One free ticket to the fair will be given to each individual who enters one or more items.
2. PHOTOGRAPHS MUST HAVE BEEN MADE SINCE LAST YEAR'S FAIR.
3. All persons entering photos must check in entries personally, or have a representative check in their entries on Monday, between 12:00 noon and 6:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED! All entries must remain in place until 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE PICKED UP BETWEEN 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. ON SUNDAY. NO EXCEPTIONS! A photo of Sweepstakes Winners will be taken on Sunday in the main entry way of Civic Center, if you have not had your photo taken.
4. Each item entered must have a COMPLETED label(s) attached or ready to attach, BEFORE the item can be checked in. Fair workers and officials will not be permitted to complete labels. Use the fair labels in back of fair catalog or from website. Labels should be attached to lower back right of picture, viewable by public on front. Do not tape the label to front of picture, wait and we will assist.
5. All entries must be matted/mounted on 8 x 10 heavy card/mat board. The photograh can be any size up to 8x10 finished product.
Matt Boards available at Clemens Insurance 8 x 10 $1.00 each
6. Hangers will be provided.
7. NO FRAMED ENTRIES ACCEPTED.
8. You may enter only 1 (one) photograph per class and a total of 10 (ten) photographs per person.
9. All photographs will be under the control of the chairman and every possible care will be taken to prevent damage, but in no case will the Titus County Fair Association or any Fair Official be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
10. All awards will be made on the basis of merit, and if, in the opinion of the judges no item in a class deserves first place, placing will be made by the judges.
11. We reserve the right to refuse entry of any photograph that is considered inappropriate by the Chairman or Directors.
Age Divisions: (colors are for fair use only)
Youth - 11 & Under (green)
Junior - 12 through 18 (yellow)
Adult - 19 years of age and older (orange)
Professional - those engaged in the business or craft, or who sell, or have taught or are
teaching classes (for pay) for which the item(s) is being entered (red)
COLOR – Section A
Class 1 – Animals (Entry code: PH-A01)
Class 2 – Children (Entry code: PH-A02)
Class 3 – Landscape/Waterscape (Entry code: PH-A03)
Class 4 – Portrait/People (Entry code: PH-A04)
Class 5 – Flowers (Entry code: PH-A05)
Class 6 – Birds (Entry code: PH-A06)
Class 7 – Nature/Weather (Entry code: PH-A07)
Class 8 - Sports/Action (Entry code: PH-A08)
Class 9 - Special Effects/Editing (Entry code: PH-A09)
Class 10 - Architecture/City Scape (Entry code: PH-A10)
Class 11 – Rural Life (Entry code: PH-A11)
Class 12 – Travel (Entry code: PH-A12)
Class 13 – Still Life (Entry code: PH-A13)
Class 14 - Sunrise/Sunset (Entry code: PH-A14)
Class 15 - Events (Entry code: PH-A15)
BLACK & WHITE – Section B
Class 1 – Animals (Entry code: PH-B01)
Class 2 – Children (Entry code: PH-B02)
Class 3 – Landscape/Waterscape (Entry code: PH-B03)
Class 4 – Portrait/People (Entry code: PH-B04)
Class 5 – Flowers (Entry code: PH-B05)
Class 6 – Birds (Entry code: PH-B06)
Class 7 – Nature/Weather (Entry code: PH-B07)
Class 8 - Sports/Action (Entry code: PH-B08)
Class 9 - Special Effects/Editing (Entry code: PH-B09)
Class 10 - Architecture/City Scape (Entry code: PH-B10)
Class 11 – Rural Life (Entry code: PH-B11)
Class 12 – Travel (Entry code: PH-B12)
Class 13 – Still Life (Entry code: PH-B13)
Class 14 - Sunrise/Sunset (Entry code: PH-B14)
Class 15 - Events (Entry code: PH-B15)
Simple Judging Criteria:
- Relevancy to Category Topic - Is the photo an obvious illustration of the category in which it is entered?
- Composition/Arrangement - Are the objects in the photo arranged in a meaningful, pleasing manner or are they "haphazard"? Did the photographer use the best angle or otherwise interesting prespective?
- Focus/Sharpness - Is the object of the photo in focus? If not in sharp focus, does it appear to be an intentional effect to enhance the image in some "artistic" way?
- Lighting - Did the photographer use proper lighting of the subject matter? Do any extremes of darkness or brightness lend to or detract from the image content?
- Creativity - Does the photographer show some creative thought or original idea in the making of this image?