Meat Pen Rabbit Show
Titus County Fair Market
Meat Pen Rabbit Show
Superintendent: Jan Garrett
Committee: Blake Rice
1. Exhibitor must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.
2. Rules and times listed here in this book are final over any listed elsewhere.
3. Rabbit show entries are due Saturday, June 6, 2020 at the livestock pavilion from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date, they will have until Sunday, June 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to contact show superintendent. Exhibitors will have an opportunity for late tag-in but will be charged an additional $25.)
4. Rabbits will be validated (tattooed) on August 22, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. at the livestock pavilion. A pen will be 4 rabbits and you bring the best three to the show. Each exhibitor can enter 2 pens of rabbits. Rabbits can be purchased from anywhere.
5. Meat pens shall be three fryers of either sex, 3 to 5.5 pounds, and no more than 12 weeks old.
6. Weigh in will be Wednesday, September 30, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. They will be weighed at that time. Rabbits not making weight or that are disqualified must be removed from the gro unds before 9:00 p.m.
7. DISQUALIFICATIONS: At the discretion of the judge or chairman, any animal visibly sick, showing obvious defects, or not making weight. Must be removed from the fair grounds.
8. Show will be Friday, October 2, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
9. The Grand, Reserve Grand and the next 5 placing pens will make the sale on Saturday. Pens not making the sale can leave after the show (you need to make sure and not leave until we have sale order posted). You must check out with the superintendent. If you leave and someone pulls out of the sale ahead of you, you cannot bring the rabbits back and you do not get to sale.
10. The judge will set sale order.
11. Each exhibitor is responsible for care of their rabbits and pens at the fair. Areas should be clean at all times.
12. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
13. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 20th. Checks not picked up by December 20, 2020, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.