Market Steer Rules
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
MARKET STEER RULES 2017
Ted Bradley- Show Superintendent
1. Weigh-in dates and place: Weigh-in steers at the Livestock Pavilion behind Titus County Civic Center from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m., Saturday, March 25, 2017.
2. At weigh-in, all steers will be weighed for daily gain purposes.
3. The top 80% up to 20 steers will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. No steers will be shown that gain less than 1.50 pounds per day and must weigh a minimum of 1000 pounds. (March 25, 2017 - September 27, 2017). 1.50 x 186 days = 279 lbs. minimum gain.
5. Steers will be ear-tagged at the weigh-in. Only one steer is eligible to be shown.
6. All steers must be dehorned before the show.
7. Calves may be purchased from breeders located anywhere. A breeder's statement must be presented at the initial weigh-in to verify the steer's birthplace (if steer is from Titus County). Falsification of a breeders certificate will result in disqualification.
8. Any steer can be shown provided they meet the minimum weight requirements. Premium will be paid only on 1000 lbs. All weight over 1000 lbs. will be paid at the floor price.
9. The judge will pick the sale order.
10. Wild or unruly steers that cannot be shown and led will not be sold or exhibited.
11. The average daily gain information will be made available to the judge.
12. A plaque will be awarded to the breeder of the highest placing blue ribbon steer born in Titus County.
13. If an exhibitor misses the original weigh-in date, they will have until Sunday, March 26, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. to contact Show Superintendent for late weigh-in between 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., at the livestock pavilion, with an additional $25 fee.
14. Night tie out will be done in designated area ONLY. Tie outs will be assigned by tag number.
15. No aisle/butt fans.
16. No artificial fill (pumping).
17. All steers shown in the Titus County Fair Steer Show will be a slick-shorn to no more than 1/4 inch over entire body, except for switch, prior to weigh-in. No adhesives. Immediately after weigh-in all steers will be inspected for unshaven hair. If touch-up is needed exhibitor will have until noon the following day for touch-up.
18. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.