Market Steer Rules
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
MARKET STEER RULES 2020
Ted Bradley- Show Superintendent
Livestock Entry Form (with required W-9)
1. Weigh-in dates and place: Weigh-in steers at the Livestock Pavilion behind Titus County Civic Center from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m., Saturday, March 28, 2020.
2. At weigh-in, all steers will be weighed for daily gain purposes.
3. The top 80% up to 20 steers will be sold in the premium auction.
4. All steers must arrive at the Livestock Pavilion on Wednesday, September 30, 2020, between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m.
5. No steers will be shown that gain less than 1.50 pounds per day and must weigh a minimum of 1000 pounds. (March 28, 2020 - September 30, 2020). 1.50 x 186 days = 279 lbs. minimum gain.
6. Steers will be ear-tagged at the weigh-in.
7. All steers must be dehorned before the show.
8. Calves may be purchased from breeders located anywhere. A breeder's certificate must be presented at the initial weigh-in to verify the steer's birthplace (if steer is from Titus County). Falsification of a breeder’s certificate will result in disqualification.
9. Any steer can be shown provided they meet the minimum weight requirements.
10. The judge will pick the sale order.
11. Wild or unruly steers that cannot be shown and led will not be sold or exhibited.
12. The average daily gain information will be made available to the judge.
13. A plaque will be awarded to the breeder of the highest placing steer born in Titus County.
(with Breeder Certificate filed at tag-in.)
14. If an exhibitor misses the original weigh-in date, they will have until Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to contact Show Superintendent for late weigh-in, with an additional $25 fee.
15. Night tie out will be done in designated area ONLY. Tie outs will be assigned by tag number.
16. No aisle/butt fans.
17. No artificial fill (pumping).
18. All steers shown in the Titus County Fair Steer Show will be a slick-shorn to no more than 1/4 inch over entire body, except for switch, prior to weigh-in. No adhesives. Immediately after weigh-in all steers will be inspected for unshaven hair. If touch-up is needed exhibitor will have until noon Thursday, October 1, 2020. to complete.
19. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
20. No subbing animals in sale slots. If a contestant has two animals making the sale and wants to keep the higher placed animal, the higher slot will be forfeited and only the lower slot will be sold. (Example: one animal in the 3rd slot, one animal in the 10th slot. To keep the 3rd place animal, that slot is forfeited, and only the 10th slot will be sold.)
21. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 20th. Checks not picked up by December 20, 2020, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.
22. Exhibitor must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.
23. Rules and times listed here in this book are final over any listed elsewhere.