Market Lamb Rules
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
JUNIOR LAMB SHOW RULES 2018
Wendi Harkey - Show Superintendent
Livestock Entry Form (with required W-9)
1. Tag-in dates and place: Tag-in lambs at the Livestock Pavilion from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m., Saturday, June 2, 2018. (If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date, they will have until Sunday, June 3, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. to contact the show superintendent. Exhibitors will have an opportunity for late tag-in but will be charged an additional $25.)
2. Ewe or wether lambs may be shown in the market show.
3. The top 80% up to 10 lambs will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. The judge will pick the sale order.
5. All decisions of the judge and superintendent will be final.
6. All lambs must be shown in such a manner as the judge may require. No ropes or halters may be used to assist in exhibiting lambs. Lambs must be under the exhibitor's control at all times.
7. All lambs are to be weighed-in at the fair grounds on Wednesday afternoon, September 26, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. All lambs must have milk teeth at this time. The lambs must be fed and cared for until Saturday night. All lambs making the weigh-in on September 26 will be guaranteed floor price. Exhibitors not making the premium sale and not wishing to sell their lambs at floor price may pick up their lambs on Saturday by 10 a.m.
8. Lambs may be divided into several weight classes for the show.
9. All lambs will be slick shorn for the show. No wool over 1/4 of an inch will be allowed and if so the lamb will be subject to disqualification by the judge.
10. Lambs can be purchased wherever you can find them.
11. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
12. No subbing animals in sale slots. If a contestant has two animals making the sale and wants to keep the higher placed animal, the higher slot will be forfeited and only the lower slot will be sold. (Example: one animal in the 3rd slot, one animal in the 10th slot. To keep the 3rd place animal, that slot is forfeited, and only the 10th slot will be sold.)
13. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 21st. Checks not picked up by December 21, 2018, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.