Market Lamb Rules
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
JUNIOR LAMB SHOW RULES 2017
Brad Branch - Show Superintendent
1. Tag-in dates and place: Tag-in lambs at the Livestock Pavilion from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m., Saturday, June 3, 2017. (If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date, they will have until Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. to contact the show superintendent. Exhibitors will have an opportunity for late tag-in but will be charged an additional $25.)
2. Ewe or wether lambs may be shown in the market show.
3. The top 80% up to 10 lambs will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. The judge will pick the sale order.
5. All decisions of the judge and superintendent will be final.
6. All lambs must be shown in such a manner as the judge may require. No ropes or halters may be used to assist in exhibiting lambs. Lambs must be under the exhibitor's control at all times.
7. All lambs are to be weighed-in at the fair grounds on Wednesday afternoon, September 27, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. All lambs must have milk teeth at this time. The lambs must be fed and cared for until Saturday night. All lambs making the weigh-in on September 27 will be guaranteed floor price. Exhibitors not making the premium sale and not wishing to sell their lambs at floor price may pick up their lambs on Saturday by 10 a.m.
8. Lambs may be divided into several weight classes for the show.
9. All lambs will be slick shorn for the show. No wool over 1/4 of an inch will be allowed and if so the lamb will be subject to disqualification by the judge.
10. Lambs can be purchased wherever you can find them.
11. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.