Market Hog Rules
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
MARKET HOG RULES 2018
Ed Schmitt - Show Superintendent
Livestock Entry Form (with required W-9)
1. Tag-in dates and place: Tag-in at the Livestock Pavilion behind the Titus County Civic Center from 8:00 -10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 2, 2018. The exhibitor or someone he/she designates must hold their hog while committee members tag the hog. All tag-ins will be monitored by show superintendent.
2. Completed and signed entry forms are due at time of tag-in or the hog will not be tagged. Entry forms will be available in advance of the tag-in from the Titus County Fair website (www.tituscountyfair.com) or contact the hog superintendent.
3. The top 80% up to 20 hogs will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. Hogs may be purchased from breeders located anywhere, as long as they conform to the Texas Animal Health Commission regulations.
5. All hogs must arrive at the Livestock Pavilion on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.
6. Weight: Initially hogs will be weighed in on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Hogs not weighing between 225 lbs. and 270 lbs. using a 10 lb. tolerance may be re-weighed until Thursday, September 27, 2018, when weight card is turned in for classification. All hogs making the weigh-in will be guaranteed floor price.
7. To classify for classes, a weight card must be turned in Thursday by 9 p.m., to hog superintendent or livestock secretary. Animals with no card turned in WILL NOT make the show. Classes will be broken and posted by 9:30 p.m. There may be a weigh back on the top 3 in each class with a 10 lbs. limit up or down from that weight, at the discretion of livestock committee.
8. The judge will pick the sale order.
9. No oil, paint, powder or other dressings will be permitted on hogs in the show ring. Soap and water to clean is allowed.
10. Barrows or gilts may be fed and exhibited.
11. Bedding will be provided by the Fair Association, but individual exhibitors are responsible for placing bedding in the pens.
12. No clipping of hogs will be allowed on the fairgrounds. No exceptions.
13. Any participant not choosing to accept market price for hog will be required to pick hog up by 10:00 a.m. Saturday, September 29, 2018. Before removing hog, contact Show Superintendent or any Hog Committee member for check-out.
14. If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date they will have until Sunday, June 3, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. to contact the Show Superintendent, but will be charged an additional $25 fee.
15. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
16. No subbing animals in sale slots. If a contestant has two animals making the sale and wants to keep the higher placed animal, the higher slot will be forfeited and only the lower slot will be sold. (Example: one animal in the 3rd slot, one animal in the 10th slot. To keep the 3rd place animal, that slot is forfeited, and only the 10th slot will be sold.)