Market Hog Rules
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
MARKET HOG RULES 2022
Jerry Moody - Show Superintendent
1. Tag-in dates and place: Tag-in at the Livestock Pavilion behind the Titus County Civic Center from 8:00 -9:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 4, 2022. The exhibitor or someone he/she designates must hold their hog while committee members tag the hog. All tag-ins will be monitored by show superintendent.
2. Completed and signed entry forms are due at time of tag-in or the hog will not be tagged. Entry forms will be available in advance of the tag-in from the Titus County Fair website (www.tituscountyfair.com) or contact the hog superintendent.
3. The top 80% up to 20 hogs will be sold in the premium auction.
4. Hogs may be purchased from breeders located anywhere, as long as they conform to the Texas Animal Health Commission regulations.
5. All hogs must arrive at the Livestock Pavilion on Wednesday, September 28, 2022, before 7:00 p.m.
and be checked in by the superintendent.
6. All hogs will be weighed at the conclusion of the lamb or goat show (whichever is last) on Thursday, September 29, 2022. Classes will be broken and posted after completion of the weighing of all hogs. Weight limits for the show are 205 to 300 lbs. (Please note that these are hard limits and no 10 pound plus or minus tolerance as done in years past.)
7. The judge will pick the sale order.
8. No oil, paint, powder or other dressings will be permitted on hogs in the show ring. Soap and water to clean is allowed.
9. Barrows or gilts may be fed and exhibited.
10. Some bedding will be provided by the Fair Association, but individual exhibitors are responsible for placing bedding in the pens.
11. No snaring of hogs will be allowed on the fairgrounds. No exceptions.
12. Any participant not choosing to accept market price for hog will be required to pick hog up by 10:00 a.m. Saturday, October 1, 2022. Before removing hog, contact Show Superintendent for check-out.
13. If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date they will have until Sunday, June 5, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. to contact the Show Superintendent, but will be charged an additional $25 fee.
14. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
15. Any subbing of animals must have the approval of the show superintendent. See general rule #7 for clarification.
16. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 20, 2022. Checks not picked up by December 20, 2022, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.
17. Exhibitor must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.