Market Goat Show
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
JUNIOR MARKET GOAT SHOW RULES 2018
Wendi Harkey - Show Superintendent
Livestock Entry Form (with required W-9)
1. Tag-in dates and place: Tag-in goats at the Livestock Pavilion behind the Titus County Civic Center, from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 2, 2018. (If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date, they will have until Sunday, June 3, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. to contact show superintendent. Exhibitors will have an opportunity for late tag-in but will be charged an additional $25.)
2. Any breed may be shown and doe or wether goats may be shown in the market show.
3. The top 80% up to 20 goats will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. The judge will pick the sale order.
5. All goats must be slick shear with 3/8 inch of hair or less at the time of the show. Any goat having more hair than this will be subject to disqualification.
6. Horns cannot exceed over three (3) inches from the base of the skull and must be blunt tipped at show time. Anyone removing horns during the Titus County Fair will be disqualified.
7. Exhibitors will be allowed to use collars or halters in the show ring.
8. All goats must weigh a minimum of 50 lbs. at the official weigh-in on Wednesday afternoon, September 26, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. All goats must have milk teeth at this time or will be disqualified.
9. Goats may be purchased from breeders located anywhere. Goats bought out of Texas must conform to the Texas Animal Health Commission regulations.
10. Market Goats will be divided into several weight classes for the show, by the Market Goat Committee.
11. Stall spaces will be assigned by the show superintendent prior to arrival.
12. All decisions made by the judge and market goat superintendent will be final.
13. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
14. No subbing animals in sale slots. If a contestant has two animals making the sale and wants to keep the higher placed animal, the higher slot will be forfeited and only the lower slot will be sold. (Example: one animal in the 3rd slot, one animal in the 10th slot. To keep the 3rd place animal, that slot is forfeited, and only the 10th slot will be sold.)
15. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 21st. Checks not picked up by December 21, 2018, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.