Market Goat Show
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
JUNIOR MARKET GOAT SHOW RULES 2017
Brad Branch - Show Superintendent
1. Tag-in dates and place: Tag-in goats at the Livestock Pavilion behind the Titus County Civic Center, from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 3, 2017. (If an exhibitor misses the original tag-in date, they will have until Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. to contact show superintendent. Exhibitors will have an opportunity for late tag-in but will be charged an additional $25.)
2. Any breed may be shown and doe or wether goats may be shown in the market show.
3. The top 80% up to 20 goats will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. The judge will pick the sale order.
5. All goats must be slick shear with 3/8 inch of hair or less at the time of the show. Any goat having more hair than this will be subject to disqualification.
6. Horns cannot exceed over three (3) inches from the base of the skull and must be blunt tipped at show time. Anyone removing horns during the Titus County Fair will be disqualified.
7. Exhibitors will be allowed to use collars or halters in the show ring.
8. All goats must weigh a minimum of 50 lbs. at the official weigh-in on Wednesday afternoon, September 27, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. All goats must have milk teeth at this time or will be disqualified.
9. Goats may be purchased from breeders located anywhere. Goats bought out of Texas must conform to the Texas Animal Health Commission regulations.
10. Market Goats will be divided into several weight classes for the show, by the Market Goat Committee.
11. Stall spaces will be assigned by the show superintendent prior to arrival.
12. All decisions made by the judge and market goat superintendent will be final.
13. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.