Junior Broiler Show
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
JUNIOR BROILER SHOW RULES 2020
Katherine Sexton - Show Superintendent
Livestock Entry Form (with required W-9)
1. Entry forms will be turned in on Saturday, June 6, 2020. from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. at the Livestock Pavilion. (If miss original entry date, have until Sunday, June 7, 2020. at 1:00 p.m. to contact the Show Superintendent with additional $25 fee.)
2. All chicks will be secured from Pilgrim’s Pride and distributed on August 22, 2020. The chicks may be picked up at the Titus County Fair Poultry Barn from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and will be banded at that time.
3. The top 80% up to 20 pens of broilers will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. All broilers must arrive at the Livestock Pavilion on Thursday, October 1, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
5. Each participant with completed forms signed by an agri-science teacher, county agent, or 4-H leader will receive an equal number of chicks.
6. Each participant will show a pen of three birds. The birds will be weighed before the show and the pen of birds must weigh at least 14 pounds, or they will receive a white ribbon and be disqualified from the show. Birds will be allowed to stay on exhibit in the broiler barn.
7. Each participant will retain ownership of his pen of broilers after the sale. All birds must be removed from the fair promptly after selling. Any birds left will be removed by the Broiler Superintendent.
8. Any participant that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
9. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 20th. Checks not picked up by December 20, 2020, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.
10. Exhibitor must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.
11. Rules and times here in this book are final over any listed elsewhere.