Junior Broiler Show
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
JUNIOR BROILER SHOW RULES 2018
Amy Eubanks - Show Superintendent
Livestock Entry Form (with required W-9)
1. Entry forms will be turned in on Saturday, July 7, 2018. from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. at the Livestock Pavilion. (If miss original entry date, have until Sunday, July 8, 2018. at 1:00 p.m. to contact the Show Superintendent with additional $25 fee.)
2. All chicks will be secured from Pilgrims Pride and distributed on August 11, 2018. The chicks may be picked up at the Titus County Fair Poultry Barn from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
3. The top 80% up to 20 pens of broilers will be sold in the premium auction provided they receive blue or red ribbons.
4. Each participant with completed forms signed by an agri-science teacher, county agent, or 4-H leader will receive an equal number of chicks.
5. Each participant will show a pen of three birds. The birds will be weighed before the show and the pen of birds must weigh at least 14 pounds, or they will receive a white ribbon and be disqualified from the show. Birds will be allowed to stay on exhibit in the broiler barn.
6. Each participant will deliver a $10.00 gift certificate to his/her buyer after the sale.
7. Each participant will retain ownership of his pen of broilers after the sale. All birds must be removed from the fair by 5:00 p.m. Saturday, September 29, 2018.
8. All birds being raised in the same pen by more than one exhibitor will be toe punched.
9. Any participant that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.