Titus County Fair Heifer Show
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
HEIFER SHOW 2018
Jan Garrett - Superintendent
Assistant: Chad Taylor
1. All entries must be on an official Titus County Fair Heifer Show entry form and have a copy of the registration papers.
2. Only bona fide members of Titus County 4-H or FFA clubs/chapters are eligible. Eligible participants include 4-H or FFA members who attend Titus County Schools and who are also residents of Titus County.
3. Cattle eligible to be shown at the Titus County Fair Heifer Show must be of the same percent as cattle shown at the Texas Majors.
4. Heifers must be born on or after January 1, 2016, to be eligible to show.
5. Animals entered in this show must be registered in the records or their respective breed association (in the name of the exhibitor) on or before June 1, 2018. Official date recognized by the show will be the date the papers were entered in the record book of the association (ex: if the papers have purchase date, sale date and record date, all MUST be before June 1, 2018).
6. Heifers must be officially entered in the 'Titus County Fair Heifer Show' no later than September 1, 2018. $25.00 entry fee per heifer. Entry fee and entry form can be mailed to the Titus County Fair Association, P.O. Box 1232, Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75456-1232. MUST BE postmarked by September 1, 2018.
7. All heifer breed division classes will be set up as follows: There will be a minimum of three (3) heifers per breed division. Breeds with less than three (3) animals will go to American, English, and/or Exotic Divisions. Number of entries may warrant a division in classes. Classes may then be divided according to age. This decision will be at the discretion of the division superintendent.
8. Grand Champion Heifer Class - Each breed division will be represented by their Champion in the Grand Drive. These heifers will be judged and placed overall Grand Champion and Reserve Champion.
9. Awards will be presented to the overall Grand Champion exhibitor and to the Reserve Grand Champion exhibitor.
10. Each individual exhibitor may enter as many heifers as they want.
11. Any entry that becomes unruly or creates a disturbance in the show ring will immediately be excused at the discretion and instruction of the show superintendent and will not be eligible to compete.
12. All Show Heifers must arrive at the Fairgrounds before 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 26, 2018. Release will be after completion of show on Friday, September 28, 2018, but heifers may remain on display thru Saturday, September 30, 2018.
13. Exhibitors must present original registration papers and heifers for sift on Thursday, September 27, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. Heifers with incorrect registration papers, tattoos or other identification problems will be sifted.
14. The Titus County Fair Heifer Show will be a 'blow and show' show. No adhesives.
15. If a female is shown with a calf at side, the calf must be her natural calf, be registered and be no more than 205 days old.
16. Night tie out will be done in designated area ONLY. Tie outs will be assigned by tag number.
17. No aisle/butt fans.
18. No artificial fill (no pumping).
19. Any exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.