Titus County Fair Market
Floral Design Show 2020
Superintendent: Jan Garrett
Committee: Susie Hearron, Julie Reynolds
1. Two possible types of floral design will be announced before the end of August. One of these two types of design will be chosen to be produced during the competition. This selection will be announced on the day of the competition during check-in. No photo examples or exact lists of floral elements will be given to the exhibitors by show officials.
2. Check-in for the Floral Design show will begin at 8:30 a.m. on the Saturday of show. Contestants should arrive prior to 8:30 a.m. The Floral Design Show will start at 9:00 a.m. or when check-in is complete.
3. Exhibitors compete as individuals, no group projects. Each contestants activities will constitute a sole effort with no assistance from anyone in any manner. No talking will be allowed during the specified design time.
4. Exhibitors will have one hour after design criteria and materials have been handed out to complete their Floral Design for judging. Exhibitors are to remain quietly at their design station (after their design is complete and their work area is cleaned) for the remainder of the time allowed. Show officials will dismiss exhibitors after the one hour design time is complete.
5. Only floral and design elements supplied by TCFA may be used. The use of outside floral or design elements will result in a disqualification.
6. Each contestant will bring to the contest their own set of floral design tools. Swapping or sharing of tools (scissors, wire cutters, cutting blades, etc.) with other participants is only permitted at the discretion/permission of the Committee Chairperson. If a contestant has a tool malfunction, they should raise their hand to get the attention of a Committee person or come to the front table and present their issue to the Committee Chairperson or representative.
7. No cell phone use will be allowed in the competition area. No photos by exhibitors will be allowed until judging is complete. Any competitor using their cell phone during the design time will be subject to disqualification. If this will create a hardship for a competitor, this should be brought to the attention of the show officials BEFORE the start of the design portion of the competition. Exceptions will ONLY be made for an emergency situation.
8. Only Floral Design Exhibitors and Show Officials will be allowed in the design area.
9. Judging will begin after time has expired and exhibitors have been dismissed. The announcement of winners will be at 1:00 p.m. on the day of the competition.
10. Judging system - Project will be judged as follows:
a. Design 35 pts.
b. Mechanics 10 pts.
c. Creative Expression 25 pts.
d. Visual and physical balance 15 pts.
e. Relationship to container 15 pts.
f. No points will be awarded for design if the assigned design style is not used.
g. Ties .be broken at the judge's discretion
11. Entries are due on or before Tuesday, September 1, 2020. By mail (postmark before September 1, 2020) or deliverd to the fair office.
12. Exhibitor must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.
13. Any Exhibitor that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
14. Rules and times listed here in this book are final over any listed elsewhere.
14. Grand and Reserve Grand will make the Auction. The next five (5) placing designs will sale in a Silent Auction during the the Sale. Silent Auction will be from 1:00 until 15 minutes after the completion of Premium Sales, Saturday, October 3, 2020.
15. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 20th. Checks not picked up by December 20, 2020, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.