Titus County Fair Breeding Ewe Show
TITUS COUNTY FAIR
BREEDING EWE SHOW
Kathryn Heintz, Superintendent
1. All entries must be on an official Titus County Fair Breeding Ewe Entry Form and must submit a copy of the registration papers at time of entry.
2. Only bona fide members of Titus County 4-H or FFA clubs/chapters are eligible. Eligible participants include 4-H or FFA members who attend Titus County Schools and who are also residents of Titus County.
3. Animals entered in this show must be registered in the flock book of their respective breed association (in the name of the exhibitor only) on or before June 30, 2020. Partnerships are not allowed. Official date recognized by the show will be the date the papers were entered in the record book of the association.
4. Ewes must be officially entered in the Titus County Fair Breeding Ewe Show no later than September 1, 2020. $25.00 entry fee per ewe. Entry fee and entry form must be mailed to the Titus County Fair Association, P.O.Box 1232, Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75456-1232. MUST BE postmarked by September 1, 2020.
5. There will be a minimum of three (3) ewes per breed. Breeds with less than three (3) animals will show as "Other Registered Breeds".
6. Sheep will be shown according to tooth development. The show superintendent and their assistants will inspect the teeth of all entries at the time of check-in at the show.
7. Classes offered are Junior Showmanship, Senior Showmanship, Ewe Lambs and Two (2) Tooth Ewes, Breed Champion, and Grand Champion Breeding Ewe.
Junior Showmanship - exhibitors in grades 3-8 of the current school year.
Senior Showmanship - exhibitors in grades 9-12 of the current school year.
Ewe Lambs - All ewe lambs must be carrying all milk teeth at the time of check-in. Lambs which show one or both teeth of the first pair of permanent incisors will not be eligible to show in the Ewe Lamb Class.
Two (2) Tooth Ewes - All ewes must show one or both of the first paid of permanent incisors. Any ewe which shows more permanent incisors than the first pair will be disqualified. (4 and 6 tooth ewes are ineligible to show.)
8. 1st and 2nd place entries in the Ewe Lamb and Two Tooth classes will compete in the Breed Champion class. A Breed Champion and Reserve Breed Champion will be selected.
Grand Champion Breeding Ewe Class - Each breed will be represented by their Champion and Reserve Champion in the Grand Drive. These ewes will be judged and an overall Grand Champion and Reserve Champion will be selected.
9. Awards will be presented to the overall Grand Champion exhibitor and to the Reserve Grand Champion exhibitor.
10. Each individual exhibitor may enter as many ewes as they want. If an exhibitor has multiple ewes in a class, another current Titus County Fair exhibitor may show the additional animal.
11. Any entry that becomes unruly or creates a disturbance in the show ring will immediately be excused at the discretion and instruction of the show superintendent and will not be eligible to compete.
12. All Breeding Ewes must arrive at the Fairgrounds before 2:00 p.m., Friday, October 2, 2020. Release will be after completion of the show on Friday, October 2, 2020, but ewes may remain on display thru Saturday, October 3, 2020. Ewes must be removed from the Fairgrounds immediately following the premium auction.
13. Exhibitors must present original registration papers and Ewe for check-in before Friday, October 2, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. Tooth inspection will be done at this time. Ewes must have a legible ear tag which corresponds to the registration papers at check-in. (Commonly called the flock tag.) Ewes must also be officially identified with a Scarpie tag, as required by the Texas Animal Health Commission.
14. Ewes must be shorn in the manner that is customary for that breed.
15. Halters may be used to exhibit the ewes but are not required.
16. Heelers (assistants in the ring) are allowed, provided they are a current exhibitor entered in the Titus County Fair. Each exhibitor may have 1 heeler in the ring to assist in the presentation of the ewe.
17. Foreign material including (but not limited to) painting, powdering, oiling, artificial coloring, or adhesives is prohibited.
18. Exhibitors must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.
19. Rules and times here in this book are final over any listed elsewhere.