Contestants (2) must be registered in school office by September 16th. These forms will be picked up by an Academic Rodeo representative on September 17th or the school may email them to Jeff McClendon at email@example.com.
Competition site: North Ridge Church of Christ
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
2nd Grade 2:30 – 4:00 pm
3rd Grade 4:00 – 5:30 pm
4th Grade 5:30 – 7:00 pm
5th Grade 7:00 – 8:00 pm
6th Grade 8:00 – 9:00 pm
Spelling lists are accessible online and may be printed. Schools should make extra copies as needed.
Schools are responsible for selection of the TOP TWO STUDENTS in each GRADE.
Winners announced immediately following each contest.
1. Each student will spell one easy word for warm up.
2. Each student will stand, walk to the designated area, repeat the word to the announcer, then spell the word. When the student is finished, repeat the word so that the announcer knows he/she is finished.
3. A student may have the word repeated once.
4. A student may ask for a sentence using the word before they begin.
5. Please discuss Homophones! For Example: Blue and Blew
Remind the student to ask for a sentence.
6. Any student may repeat the spelling of the word twice as long as the sequence of the letters is not altered and they begin at the first of the word. If the sequence of the letters is altered, it is considered a misspelling and the student is out of the competition.
7. There will be a designated area for the students to sit once out of competition.
8. When the contestants are reduced to two, and one misspells a word, the other contestant shall spell the same word. If the second contestant spells that word plus the next word on the announcer's list, the second contestant is the winner.
9. There will be door monitors. Visitors/Listeners will be allowed to enter and exit between each contest.
10. Because of time constraints, the announcer and the judges have the right to move to the next list of words whenever they deem necessary. Please have your students study their grade level list and the next grade level's list.
11. First place in each grade level will receive a $30 Walmart Gift Card, Second place will receive a $20 Gift Card and Third place will receive a $10 Gift Card.
12. Each participant will receive a ribbon and a free ticket to the Fair.