903-577-1146 (Harts Bluff ISD)
Contestants (3) must be registered in school office by September 17th. These forms will be picked up by an Academic Rodeo representative on September 18th or the school may email them to Jeff McClendon at email@example.com.
Competition site: North Ridge Church of Christ Auditorium
Sunday, September 23, 2018
2nd Grade 2:30 – 4:00 pm
3rd Grade 4:00 – 5:30 pm
4th Grade 5:30 – 7:00 pm
5th Grade 7:00 – 8:00 pm
6th Grade 8:00 – 9:00 pm
Speech Topic: "Remember When”
(Topic does not have to be Titus County Fair related.)
1. Grades 2-4 Time Limit: 1-2 Minutes
Grades 5-6 Time Limit: 3-4 Minutes
2. Face & hand expressions ONLY. NO costumes or props!!!
3. Schools are responsible for selecting top 3 candidates in each grade. (NO ALTERNATE)
4. All contestants should arrive 15 minutes early for their contests.
5. Winners will be announced immediately following the judges' decision.
6. Each contestant will be assigned a number.
7. Contestants may use notes. SECOND graders may read their speech. Contestants should be able to present their speeches without help. If a contestant receives help, (through mouthing the words, hand gestures, etc.), it could result in point deductions.
8. Speeches may be given in Spanish in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades. (Please indicate it will be a Spanish speech on your entry form.) This is NOT a separate contest. All contestants will compete with their grade level.
9. There will be a time penalty of one (1) point per second over/under time limit. Limit twenty (20) points.
10. There will be door monitors and holding rooms for contestants.
11. An adjustable podium and a speaker system will be provided.
12. Small children should be left out of the speaking room. Visitors/Listeners will be allowed to enter and exit between speeches. Room will be cleared after each grade level.
13. There will be timekeepers, door monitors, three judges, and a person to greet and register each contestant.
14. Each participant will receive a ribbon. First place in each grade level will receive a $30 Walmart** Gift Card, Second place will receive a $20 Gift Card and Third place will receive a $10 Gift Card. **This is a correction from the catalog.
15. Free tickets will be given to each participant and their parents that are present.