Team members (4) must be registered in school office by September 17th. These forms will be picked up by an Academic Rodeo representative on September 18th or the school may email them to Jeff McClendon at email@example.com.
Competition site: North Ridge Church of Christ
Sunday, September 23, 2018
2nd Grade 2:30 – 4:00 pm
3rd Grade 4:00 – 5:30 pm
4th Grade 5:30 – 7:00 pm
5th Grade 7:00 – 8:00 pm
6th Grade 8:00 – 9:00 pm
1. Each team must be accompanied by a sponsor from the school.
2. Teams will consist of 4 students in the same grade level in which their team will compete.
3. We will do our best to meet the special needs of our participants. Please contact the contest coordinator to discuss alternatives by September 18th. (Test will be provided in Spanish if requested by September 19th)
4. TESTING **Teams arriving after the scheduled time will not be allowed to compete. **
a) This test will be written.
b) TEST QUESTIONS
Participants should prepare for their current grade level TEKS.
Second Grade - Addition and subtraction problems including single /double digit and double/double digit equations, number patterns, greater than and less than, and story problems.
Third Grade - Up to triple digit addition and subtraction, story problems, money, sequencing, time, place value.
Fourth Grade - Up to triple digit addition and subtraction, up to double times single digit multiplication, up to double digit division, story problems, fractions, rounding, time, place value, sequencing, measurement, geometry and anything from third grade list.
Fifth Grade - Up to triple digit addition and subtraction, up to triple digit division, 4-digit multiplication, measurement, rounding, time, ordinal numbers, money, place value, word problems and anything from 3rd & 4th grade lists.
c) Each team member will receive Test A, B, C or D. These tests have identical questions, the questions will be in a different order.
d) Each team will have one of each test.
e) Participants will be given 20 minutes to answer as many of their 60 questions as possible... each correct answer is worth one (1) point.
f) Questions will be: fill in the blank, short answer or mathematical solutions.
g) No calculators allowed.
6. TESTING SITE
a) Test packets will be given to each team member upon check in...DO NOT OPEN PACKET UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO.
b) Packets will include the member's test, scratch paper and pencils.
c) Participants will write on the test - - Only legible answers will be accepted.
d) There will be no talking during testing - - all participants will remain in testing room until test is finished.
e) Four judges will monitor and grade the test.
f) One sponsor/coach per team must be in the testing site during testing. Parents and friends are to wait in the East Room.
g) After the testing, the teams & their sponsors will wait in the East Room during grading.
h) Grading should take approximately 20 minutes, at this time all teams, coaches, parents and friends need to be in the East Room for the announcement of the winners.
i) Individual scores will not be provided.
*** During the test if a participant is caught cheating or talking, the test will be taken up and no points will be awarded.***
7. The First Place team will receive $30 American National Bank Visa Gift Cards, Second place will receive $20 Gift Cards, and Third place will receive $10 Gift Cards.
8. All participants will receive a ribbon and free tickets to the fair.