Winners will be announced approximately 6:00 pm, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th, in the main auditorium of the North Ridge Church of Christ.
All essays are due in school's office Monday, September 17th. An Academic Rodeo representative will pick them up at 8 am on Tuesday, September 18th.
Theme: “Remeber When”
Grades 3 - 4 100 to 200 words (must not be over 200 words)
Can be written in Spanish for Grades 3-4
There will no longer be a separate contest for Spanish essays.
All essays, Spanish and English, will compete in the same Grade level contest.
Grades 5 - 6 200 to 400 words (Must not be over 400 words)
1. Essays should be on notebook paper in pencil or ink. No typing.
2. Essays should be written during class time if possible. Essays will be graded per STAAR criteria. (Introduction, body and closing.) As part of the writing process, teachers may edit the student submissions.
3. Write the student's name, grade, school, parent/guardian's name and address on BACK of each essay. For homeschoolers, please include a name and phone number for contact information. (Information must be on the back.)
4. Have the number of words written at the bottom of essay.
5. ESSAYS WILL NOT BE RETURNED (except for the winners). Copies of the essays should be made before the collection date if your campus deems necessary.
6. First place winners of each grade level will receive $30 Walmart** Gift Cards, Second place will receive $20 Gift Cards, and Third place will receive $10 Gift Cards. **This is a correction from the catalog.
7. Ribbons and free tickets will be given to the winning participants that are present.